On Air


Hunting Safety Card Needed For Any Hunting Season

30.09.2013 10:39
By: Brant Hilton

If you're thinking about going hunting anytime soon, you may want to take a hunter safety education course.


Manitoba Conservation spokesperson Brian Ogilvy says that's required if you want to purchase a licence.                                             




Ogilvy says you have to take the course if you haven't before.


However, if you purchased a license prior to 1975, you don't have to take the course.


Instead, you have to fill out a declaration (it's in the hunting guide), mail it to the department, and they'll issue you a card which is the same as a hunter safety card.


Any hunter that's going to buy a license, needs to have the hunter safety card with them.