Provincial health officials are reporting another 5 deaths due to COVID-19, increasing the toll to 753.
- a man in his 50s from the Northern health region;
- a man in his 80s from Prairie Mountain Health region and linked to the outbreak at the McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre;
- a man in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Southeast Personal Care Home;
- a man in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region; and
- a woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Charleswood Care Centre.
Manitoba also announced 158 new cases, bringing the province's total to 26,695.
Of the new cases; seven are in the Interlake Health region, eight in Southern Health, 12 in Prairie Mountain Health, 61 cases in the Winnipeg Health region, and 70 cases in the Northern Health region.
Across the province active cases have decreased to 2,928, which includes 211 in Prairie Mountain Health, and 68 in Brandon. There are currently 119 covid patients in hospital and 19 in intensive care.