With classrooms having officially been cancelled for the year in Manitoba, the Brandon School Division has announced a few updates including final reports, and picking up personal belongings.
Classroom and remote learning;
- Classroom learning will remain suspended for the remainder of the school year. However, schools will be open for staff and specific programs for the purpose of assessments, clinical supports and planning. Public Health restrictions are still in effect.
- The remote learning will wind down throughout June and transition planning for the 2020-21 school year will begin. School Leaders and Classroom Teachers will communicate with parents as plans are developed over the next week.
- Schools will work with parents on the return of student belongings and supplies over the next month. Return of school materials/resources that the students may have will be coordinated at the same time.
- Final report cards will be sent home on June 26th. Please inform the school if you prefer to have a printed copy mailed to you.
2020-2021 school year;
- Manitoba education is proposing additional teaching days that may impact the school calendar. We will communicate any changes to the school calendar when they become known.
The division says they will send out more information in the coming days. The province is hoping to open schools by August 31 as outlined in their recent Phase 2 draft plan.
More information can be found on the link below.