During an emergency event, the response begins with each one of us.
With that said, the Brandon Emergency Support Team (B.E.S.T) is reminding you to "Be Ready for Anything" and continue to stay informed of our community's risks as we approach the spring and summer storm season.
Keeping yourself and your family safe by learning what to do in the event of an emergency and how to plan can better prepare you for a potentially stressful situation.
Knowing the hazards, reviewing your family's emergency plan, and updating your emergency supplies kit are a few simple steps we can all take this week to be better prepared to face an emergency - anytime, anywhere.
Tips to consider when reviewing your family plan and updating your emergency supplies kit:
- Update your emergency phone numbers.
- Identify pre-determined meeting places in case you are required to leave your home.
- Basic supplies should last for a minimum of 72-hours and include personal items, such as medications and a first aid kit.
- Consider changing old batteries in your flashlights and have extra batteries on hand.
- Check expiration dates on your food and water supplies within your kit.
The Brandon Emergency Support Team is a partnership between Business, Industry, and the City of Brandon to provide effective community education, so the public knows what to do in an emergency. B.E.S.T. is dedicated to increasing emergency preparedness in Brandon and surrounding area. The team was created in 1999 and continues to support both the community and team members in their emergency preparedness activities. Learn more about B.E.S.T. at B.E.S.T. Home - EmergNet.