1. What can we expect from you with the new show?
There's no need to re-invent the wheel. Tyler and Amber set a tradition of real, local radio with Star FM that serves the community. With a focus on our own backyard, I want to keep creating radio that competes in character and quality with anything being made anywhere. Oh, and FUN! If it's not fun, why are you doing it?
2. How would our audience describe you?
Devilishly attractive with an angel's figure? No. That's not even close. I HOPE they'd see me as a force for positivity, feminism and equality in the world. But really, we'd have to ask them.
3. How did you find out you had a voice for radio?
Do I? This is my only voice. Years ago, I was fortunate enough to work with some amazing people at our local TV Station CKX. I loved working in the Creative Department there, and when the opportunity came to work some weekends on radio, I jumped right in and made a disaster out of it.
4. Describe the very first time you went on-air.
Much like this morning (although I hope I'm technically stronger). My heart started to beat like a hammer, and I broke into a cold sweat, almost pure panic! Then I was off. Kind of like sky diving – once you commit, you are committed.
5. Do you have any pets?
Yes, I have two. Mowgli is a purebred Boston Terrier, Princess, and Stranger, the world's fastest three-legged Dog. I love those girls.
6. If someone came up to you and said, "Hey, do that thing you do!" what thing would pop into your head first?
I can get my bald head into a latex glove and blow it up from the inside. Not proud, just saying.
7. What is the most useless talent you have?
See my last answer.
8. What were your top 3 favourite songs of 2020?
1. "Stick That in your Country Song" - Eric Church
2. Anything by Tenille Townes (I love her)
3. The Strumbellas by Salvation. This might be older, but I've been out-of-the-loop, so it's new to me!
9. Which decade of music do you think is better than all the rest?
If I let my phone play on random, we're going to roll from Mother Mother to Johnny Cash to Crowded House and into Pachelbel's Canon in D minor. No way I could pick one.
10. If you could only choose one song to play every time you walked into a room for the rest of your life, what would it be?
William Tell Overture… also on my phone.
11. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
Furtsten Line. It seems like a good way to get ahead.
12. What was the last thing you googled?
Can dogs get pimples? I should have Googled it BEFORE we spent $185 at the vet.
13. Pepsi or Coke?
I don’t drink pop.
14. What is a useless fact you know because of working in the radio industry?
Do you know the fast food coupons that say "One use per visit"? They NEVER remember you if you go inside THEN through the drive-through.
15. Which famous musicians do you admire?
David Bowie, Johnny Cash, and really any artists that make their own sound even when everyone tells them it won't work.
16. What's something you believe that almost no one agrees with you about?
Olives are better than cherries.
17. What would your autobiography be called?
"Better Late Than Never" or "Can I keep The Pen?"
18. How lucky are you?
My life has led me to a place where I can look back on it and recognize advantages I’ve been given, not through any merit of my own but through circumstance. Being borne where I was as opposed to another community or Country. My Parents had a degree of wealth that granted me privileges that others don’t receive, and I believe that being both Male and White have again afforded me opportunities that many others haven’t had. That’s my Truth and I personally feel that if we are to effect change, the Privileged need to recognize it. I won the Lotto already.
19. What is one thing about Leanne that no one knows?
I can tell Leanne anything. I know it stops with her, so nope. I can't do it.
20. Lastly, what is one thing that you would like to say to our audience?
We do this right, which will be like any of the "good" relationships in our lives. We'll laugh, argue, cry, learn from each other and have fun doing it.